Vegan MoFo #17: Quickie Post! Peach, Raspberry, and Ginger Green Smoothie
by Ali Seiter
Though my clairvoyance did not kick in enough this morning to inspire me to snap a photo of this unexpectedly mind-blowing smoothie, I simply had to share this surprisingly simple yet absolutely divine flavor combination with the world immediately—I would have felt incredibly selfish not doing so. Succulent peaches and tart raspberries with a zip of ginger? How could you say no?
Peach, Raspberry, and Ginger Green Smoothie (Can be Raw, Can be Nut Free, Oil Free, Soy Free, Low Fat, Low Sodium)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 large knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup nondairy milk (I used homemade almond milk, though obviously you can forgo the nut milks for a nut-free smoothie)
- 1-2 tbsp hemp/chia seeds
- 1 scoop vegan protein/superfood powder (I love my Amazing Grass!)
Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender, layering the ingredients in the order listed above. Blend until very smooth. Serve topped with granola, if desired (and I always desire, of course. Especially when I can satisfy that desire with a blend of pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, dried figs, pepitas, and walnuts).
Comment Provoking Questions: What’s the most unexpectedly delicious smoothie you’ve crafted recently?
Until next time, Ali.